Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday, May 21: Online!

WOOO TO FINALLY GETTING ON THE NETWORK!
I was delighted when tech support in Halifax called me and fixed my account. I had almost 70 emails waiting for me! Exclamation mark!

The day was spent almost 100% indoors. It started off terribly with debit card malfunctions (you never know how much you rely on 'em for gas to get to work until they don't work), then I hit a BIRD on my way to Dalvay. A BIRD. I was heartbroken. Here is the list of animals* I've hit in my 9 years of (legally) driving a motor vehicle:

August 2002 - Frog. It made a terrible thudding sound.
September 2003 - Seagull. I got out of my car to see if it was ok, chased it a block, then it flew off.
December 2009 - Squirrel. ON CHRISTMAS DAY.
May 2010 - Bird. RIP little black bird.

The worst part about hitting the bird was that I drove around with it as my hood ornament all day until Jacob noticed it after I got home. Worst. Human. Ever.

Ok, let's move on to something happier. Tonight is Friday, which means it's trivia night at Hunter's Alehouse. Let me just get this out in the open: I'm actually a 70 year old trapped in a 24 year old's body. I go to trivia twice a week with 2 trivia teams. On Fridays, we wear the ugliest ties we can find and call ourselves 100% Silk. OK, maybe the dorkiest 70 year old in a 24 year old's body ever. Anyways, my photo of the day is going to be my sweet new tie! (Don't tell my teammates that it's actually 100% polyester)

It's a tie with a picture of a bulldog wearing a tie on it. Don't act like you're not impressed.

* I realize bugs are animals but let's be serious here, I could  never even count every bug I've hit, let alone remember them. I only remember the ones that make the biggest splatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment