Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday, May 25: Narwhals are real.

Warning: dramatic overuse of caps lock. Viewer discretion is advised. 

Since all I did today was research, which makes for (more) boring blogging, I thought I'd talk to you about the most interesting thing I stumbled upon today.
While getting slightly off-topic on the Parks Canada website, I found myself looking up parks in Nunavut. I was lazily browsing the info until I got to the list of animals that live in the areas. My eyes snapped open. My heart rate accelerated. Surely I was not seeing narwhals on this list, for they are not real.

Well, up until 10:20 this morning, I THOUGHT Narwhals were imaginary. IMAGINARY. Think about it. A WHALE. WITH A HORN. HA!

It's not a horn. It's an overgrown incisor tooth. I know this now.

Did ANYONE else think they were imaginary?

Photo of the day: Narwhal pictures taken off Google. Because I'M STILL NOT USED TO THIS NARWHAL BEING REAL THING YET.



No comments:

Post a Comment