Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 19: Anne-ified.

What a day.

This morning my alarm went off, but half-assedly. The actual  ENH ENH ENH ENH (pardon my terrible interpretation of the worst sound in the world) was so quiet I could barely hear it. My internal clock woke me up at 6:43 am, and good thing.

I got to work this morning and received a temporary computer! Unfortunately, I wasn't set up on the network yet so I couldn't use it, but A TEMPORARY COMPUTER! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be away to the races!

I drove to Cavendish today to do a little bit of Anne/Maud research. The lovely people who work at the LMMNHS showed me upstairs in the office, where they had tons of information about Lucy Maud Montgomery and Anne Shirley. I can quite honestly say that yes, I was an Anne hater. I haven't read the books, but the whole "coming from PEI and having red hair" thing was enough for almost everyone to call me Carrots or Anne. I was done with her before I even knew her. In fact, that's an idea for a pitch I'll be making. Hopefully they let me do it.

After reading some of Maud's old scrapbooks, I started to really get into her own personal story. The girl was asked to marry 12 times! I feel lucky that I was asked once, LMM was HOT! I found out a lot of interesting bits of info about her that I had no idea, and got very carried away with reading. I had to return the company car for 2, so I returned to Dalvay.

Much of the afternoon was spent trying to write a formal pitch for the Anne piece. Unfortunately, I was having an "I'll never pull any of this off, who were they kidding in hiring me" kind of day. I think that I really fed off the enthusiasm of my peers in Banff, and I've gotta keep reminding myself that I can do it on my own. I got what I call "cubicle head" (cabin fever, if you may) at around 3. One of the amazing aspects of having this job and working out in Dalvay is that I could leave the compound, walk 2 minutes and be at the beach. I took a little stroll, found a flat rock and tried to relax and let the ideas come to me. It did work, I calmed down and reminded myself that one afternoon of self doubt didn't mean anything.

Photo of the day: Me trying to fight my way through said self-doubt sitting in one of the more beautiful places on the whole island. If that doesn't inspire me, nothing will.


I finished work, grabbed a terrible meal at Pat and Willy's with Jacob, and came home. I am going to try out the waterproof camera case in the tub tonight to make sure it is actually waterproof. We don't need anything else going wrong with the camera.

2 comments:

  1. Be brave Marsha,
    I got the same feeling today: "what the hell am I going to do here?" I think that we are all kind of roaming around trying to figure out how the hell we are going to get things done. I believe in you!
    Kelly
    (I feel like I'm in a corny 80s movie coaching you about boxing or something)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what is the absolute aberration amid the aboriginal replica Louis Vuitton handbags or Chanel accoutrements and the replica handbags? Well, as far as I can animadversion on, there is absolutely no point in award the aberration because seeing the manufacturers methods in bearing replicas are already actual proofs that originals and replicas are about of the aforementioned superior and design.

    ReplyDelete