Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, July 12: AAAAHHH

When my sister got tickets to Regis and Kelly in general seating, we were on cloud 9. Robertsons are notorious for their bad luck, after all. I do recall Chrissy getting hit by a car being driven by a fellow classmate on the UPEI campus, Kim getting attacked by caged wild turkeys, and my dorm windows blowing in during Hurricane Juan and ruining all of my photos from grade 12/first year university.

Then, Frances held a twitter contest for VIP tickets. Name the location in the picture she tweeted, and win VIP tickets. "Nai!" said I, already defeated before I even tried, "I cannot be eligible, for it's a picture in the National Park and I work in said park!".

"Aye!" says Frances, "Ye be allowed if yarr the fastest tweeter in the land and tell me where the picture is!". Frances is apparently a pirate, I don't know if you knew that.

So, channelling my grade 10 typing teacher, I typed out those 2 winning words as fast as I could: Green Gables. Light smoke came from between the keys from the sheer speed of me.

Thank you, extensive visits to Green Gables for Anne. 

I held my breath. Surely, I wasn't the first. I COULDN'T get the VIP tickets. OH, BUT I DID.

When I told Chrissy, I thought she was going to pass out. There was about 5 seconds of eyebrows up to hairline, beachball eyes, mouth O'd like an old Garfield cartoon, fingers hyper-extended past her palms. She didn't say a word. I don't even think she started to breathe until a good 10 seconds later. I wish I could have taken a photo of that look and shown it to Frances, because only then would she know how truely happy she made us both. Frances is right: It's a round world. Good Karma will come her way for making us and @AprilEnnis so happy.

So thanks Frances, I can't wait to hang with you tomorrow in VIP!

2 comments:

  1. Arr, glad ye be happy. See you at 8 am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis Vuitton handbags attending and feel actually the aforementioned as their aboriginal inspirations. The bazaar gurus were aggressive to accompany this artefact down, searching at the accretion demand. Added and added women bare something to enhance their appearance statement, that too in their budget.

    ReplyDelete