Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday, June 4: Mini heart attacks.

Final pitches were due to be sent to head office for evaluation by them and Craig Colby of Oasis HD today. Dun dun DUN! (sidenote: it's quite hard to type music. No, seriously, try it.)

I had my pitches finalized yesterday, so it was just a matter of sending the email this morning for me. This of course taking advantage of the fact that my work email has worked for me for the last week or so with no major hiccups. Then I looked in the mirror and realized "Oh wait! I'm still Marsha! Stuff's gonna go wrong!" 

My email crashed. My heart rate rose. My pulse quickened. How was I to send my pitches when my work email wasn't functional? "OH, WOE IS ME!" I cried, running around in a panic. Then the student photographer kindly reminded me that, though my work email was not functional, I had other email addresses I could send the pitches from. Duh. 

Pitches were sent, fists unclenched, and muscles relaxed. 

This afternoon I participated in an Experience PEI presentation/brainstorming session with a small group of people from Dalvay. I was put into a group developing an experience for people interested in birdwatching and Mi'kmaq legends. Being an expert on neither of these things, my role was to nod my head and get enthusiastic about things I thought would work well. After the meeting, I talked to Bill, one of the founders of Experience PEI about my job and where I was going with my pitches. Turns out, he worked at CBC for over 20 years. I'm literally rubbing elbows with experts no matter where I go. 

I drove home and checked my personal email, and there it was. My pitches, reviewed by Craig Colby. Never have I flipped from totally chilled out, feet up, cat on my lap to OMG OMG OMG OMG WHAT IF HE HATES ME so fast in all of my life. He liked my pitches though, and gave me helpful criticism on what I can do to push the videos to make them better. It was a good day. 

Why do my blog posts turn out so long? I guess if you talk a lot in person, you tend to talk a lot in print. 

Photo of the day: Try to figure this one out. 

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you got your pitches back so fast. Congrats. I have some horror stories related to mine.

    ReplyDelete