Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday, June 2: Jimmy-rig 2.0

The day started at 5:23 am, when the alarm went off. Surely I wasn't ACTUALLY planning on going to the gym this early in the morning. I COULDN'T have spent 1/2 an hour loading my iPhone with running mixes and episodes of Cake Boss for the eliptical. There's NO WAY I'd actually go through with it.

Well, I did. And I liked it. Will I go that early tomorrow? Time will tell. But for today, it was good. Well, except for the part where I showered, thought I lost my UPEI card, looked everywhere, got it cancelled at the main desk, got all the way to Dalvay and realized I had left it in a random locker when I needed 2 hands to untie my running shoe.

The CGSJ day started with PLOVERS PLOVERS PLOVERS PLOVERS! I haven't seen a plover in years, so I was more than a little excited when the head plover lady told me today was the day they were setting up a camera on Cavendish beach to cover the nest. I filmed the plover monitors digging a large hole in the sand and setting up the cameras. Then came the fun part: I creeped out near the nest and laid on my belly to try to stabilize the camera on my elbows. I got some amazing plover footage, and I can't wait to get more.

After lunch, I went to a powerpoint presentation about archaeology, that was basically a refresher course from what I took last semester in university. Then came the much anticipated PROGRAM PARTICIPANT CONFERENCE CALL! It was so good to hear my friends' voices.

After the conference call, the student photographer and I attempted to yet again jimmy-rig my broken mic stand. When I tested my earlier prototype with the plovers this morning, all I could hear was clunking from the mic wiggling about. The photo of the day is Jimmy-rig 2.0: the double tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment